Who doesn’t love chilli? Seriously? Follow this delicious vegetarian-friendly mixed bean chilli recipe that will leave you wanting more!
Mixed Bean Chilli Recipe
Whether you’re a vegetarian, flexitarian or fully-fledged carnivore, you will absolutely adore this delicious mixed bean chilli recipe. This is one of my favourite recipes and a real family favourite. Make it as firey as you like to suit your taste buds!
- Chopping board
- Large pot with lid
- Large spoon
- Frying Pan
Makes 2 Portions | 515 Calories Per Portion
- 55g Carbohydrates
- 17g Fat
- 28g Protein
- 240g Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 120g Chickpeas (drained)
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Large Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Large White Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 Chilli (Chopped)
- 4 Spring Onions (Chopped(
- 5 Button Mushrooms (Optional)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fruity Habanero Chilli Sauce
- 60g Mature Cheddar (Grated)
- Heat the frying pan on the hob, add the oil.
- When oil starts to smoke, add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, chillies and spring onions and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- When done, remove the pan from the heat and place the pot on top of the heated ring.
- Add the beans and chopped tomatoes and stir until steam starts to rise.
- Add in the fried onions, peppers, mushrooms, chillies and spring onions and mix thoroughly with the beans and tomatoes.
- Add in the minced garlic and mix through. Then add the herbs, paprika and chilli powder and give it a good stir.
- Finally, mix through the Chipotle and Habanero sauces and mix through. Cover the pot to simmer until cooked.
- Once cooked, serve in a bowl with the cheddar sprinkled over the top.