Ok, so who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate every now and again? Follow this recipe for the most delicious dark chocolate trail mix bars! We guarantee you’ll be licking your lips while making these.
*This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a commission from purchases made through chosen links on this site at no additional cost to you. However, I am objective and extremely picky and I only recommend things that I truly believe in. Find out more here.*
Trail Mix Bar Recipe
This delicious snack is based on a recipe from The Body Coach 90 Day Plan. This is my method for turning the trail mix into bite-sized chocolate bars.
- Electric Mixer OR Mixing Bowl
- Pot with Boiling Water & Bowl OR Microwave
- Kitchen Scales
- Chopping Board & Knife
- Tin with Liner
Makes 12 Portions | 185 Calories per Portion
- 11.7g Carbohydrates
- 12g Fat
- 5.4g Protein
- 70g Chopped Mixed Nuts
- 70g 100% Peanut Butter (My Protein)
- 140g Dried Fruit
- 60g Mixed Seeds
- 20g Chia Seeds
- 20g Flax Seeds
- 20g Poppy Seeds
- 120g Dark Chocolate (min 70% Cocoa Solids)
- If using whole nuts, these will need to be chopped or blended.
- Blend the dried mixed fruit separately
- Add the chopped nuts, seeds, blended fruit and peanut butter to a mixing bowl, then fold until the ingredients have mixed together.
- Melting the chocolate on the hob: I placed a pot of water with mixing bowl on top creating a Bain Marie. I broke up the chocolate into smaller pieces and slowly brought the pot to a boil. Stir the chocolate gently as it begins to melt.
- Melting the chocolate in a microwave: break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place into a microwavable bowl. Heat in small bursts of 15 – 30 seconds and stir in each interval to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add to the ingredients in the mixing bow and fold together.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, transfer the trail mix to a tin with a liner and smooth the mixture. Place in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to chill and set.
- When chilled, remove the trail mix from the fridge and cut into 12 equal pieces.