Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese toastie? Seriously? If you happen to be following a diet, you might think that your days of enjoying such a delight are behind you but you’d be wrong! Give this recipe a go and bask in its cheesy goodness!
*This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a commission from purchases made through chosen links on this site at no additional cost to you. However, I am objective and extremely picky and I only recommend things that I truly believe in. Find out more here.*
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Toastie Recipe
If you’ve followed me on Instagram for a while you will have seen how much I love this grilled cheese toastie recipe which is based on The Body Coach’s Croque Monsieur recipe from The 90 Day Plan.
It’s so simple to make but tastes absolutely unreal! Naturally I’ve put a little bit of my own spin on it and it is just mouthwatering!
Makes 1 Portion | 500 Calories Per Portion
- 39g Carbohydrates
- 26g Fats
- 26g Protein
- 5g Fiber
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 50g Deli Ham
- 20g Red Leicester, Grated
- 15g Mature Cheddar, Grated
- 10g Butter
- 30g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Salad Tomato
- 30g Mixed Leaf Salad
- 25g Cheese Coleslaw
- Preheat your hob ring and grill to medium heat.
- Place your frying pan on top of the hob ring.
- Butter both slices of bread and place one slice buttered side down on your frying pan.
- Place your ham and grated cheddar on top of your slice of bread on your frying pan.
- Add your second piece of bread to your sandwich with the buttered side up.
- Fry each side until golden.
- Move your toastie to your baking tray, top with your yoghurt and grated red Leicester cheese – This can be done on your frying pan if it can be used under your grill.
- Slide your baking tray under the grill and grill until cheese is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, assemble your salad on your plate.
- When your cheese has melted remove from grill and plate up.
You might need to let the toastie cool slightly before you tuck in, purely to save burning the roof of your mouth.
Have you tried this delicious grilled cheese toastie recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!