Are you always in a rush in the mornings? These delicious apple and cinnamon breakfast bars are a must-try recipe for a quick and simple grab and go breakfast!Follow This Extra Life with Bloglovin
Apple and Cinnamon Breakfast Bars Recipe
I love a simple grab and go breakfast when I’m in a rush! Unfortunately, many store-bought breakfast bars don’t really live up to their claims of a healthy breakfast and are loaded with added sugars.
If you find yourself in the same boat, then fret no more dear friends! I have the perfect solution for you right here!
These apple and cinnamon breakfast bars smell amazing when you’re baking them and taste even better when you’re eating them!
I love discovering new recipes and I’m hoping to share many, many more with you here in the hope of helping you on your health and fitness journey too. We are all in this together!
You can follow my journey to a fitter healthier life through The Body Coach plan here. Don’t forget you can also follow me on Instagram: @wannabeleanie where I share lots of inspiration and motivational posts, a little insider information and love engaging with the weight loss and fitness community.
- Kitchen Scales
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Baking tray lined with baking paper
Makes 9 Portions | 514 Calories Per Portion
- 68g Carbohydrate
- 19g Fat
- 17g Protein
- 205g Rolled Oats
- 70g Coconut Flour
- 90g Whey Protein Powder (I used My Protein Cinnamon Danish)
- 60g Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 130g Pitted Dates
- 95g Clear Honey
- 225g Unsweetened Apple Sauce (Check out my recipe to make your own!)
- 95g Smooth Peanut Butter (100% Nuts – I used My Protein All Natural Peanut Butter)
- 205g Dried Mixed Fruit
- 60g Coconut Oil
- 2 Apples, Grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Combine the oats, coconut flour, protein powder, ground flaxseed and cinnamon into the mixing bowl of your electric mixer and set to the side.
- Put the dates, honey, apple sauce, peanut butter, coconut oil and boiling water into a blender and blend into a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredients and combine in your mixer.
- Once mixed, add in the dried fruit and grated apple and mix through again.
- Spoon into your lined baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, rest in the tin until cool.
- Turn out and remove the baking paper, then cut into 9 portions.
You can store these breakfast bars in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Alternatively, these bars freeze really well. Simply freeze them in the lined baking tray. Once frozen you can transfer them to a freezer bag so they won’t stick together and are easy to defrost.
Have you tried this delicious breakfast bar recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!